Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Day Trip to Vegas

Uncle Chuck telling us their cute love story. He noticed her when he was drving around and then the next day they went to church together.



They are so cute together and they just MATCH! If you know what I mean! Some couples just look so good together, its mainly because they kind of look like each other!


Kaitlyn's adorable dress, I had to get a picture of it!



Table of presents!

Cool Cake!


Auntie and my Uncle Jim, it was his birthday that day! We LOVE him!!!! Auntie is so thoughtful, she made sure she had a cake for him!


I look so tall compared to Auntie!


Aunt Kendra, getting in good with Kaitlyn!


My Aunt Judi and I (My Mom's Sister!)
This trip was a showing of absolute LOVE to my Great Aunt and Uncle! Only because we drove about 7 1/2 hours total in one day to be there for their 60th anniversary luncheon. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, beautiful, and great to see them and all the family. I just was so tired that weekend and I could feel that I was going to be sick if I did not get rest. I slept a lot in the car, made my Aunt and cousin Katie laugh hysterically at my antics. My friend Caralee help me out with my hair and put old school curlers in it so my hair could be curly this particular weekend.

So when we got to a rest stop, I had to go to the bathroom and I was not about to take out the curlers until we got to Vegas, so I pulled my hoodie over my head to try and cover all the curlers, I had NO makeup on, which I was fine with, but I also had my dress on and boots! I walked with my Uncle to the Bathroom and I finished before him so I waited for a few minutes, but I felt foolish because a few people were looking over and laughing a little at me. So I started walking back to the car and there was my Aunt, laughing so hard in the car! I started laughing and we had a good time.
Then we caught up to Katie and Dale and I popped up from lying down in the car and smiled and waived to Katie from my window and she started laughing. They said I was one of the highlights of the trip. I was glad to be of service!

My Aunt and Uncle are fully committed to each other and have been married for 60 wonderful years. They are more like Grandparents to me, since mine passed away when I was younger. My Uncle Chuck is my Grandpa's younger brother. When I saw a picture of my Grandpa there, it made me sad, that I got cheated out of all the cousins. Being the youngest, you get the least amount of time with the older folks! I love Grandparents and the Elderly and so this is a little hard. I adored my Grandpa! So back to the event, it was great, the food from Lucille's Barbecue was yummy and my cousin Heather is engaged. I got to see my Aunt Judi, my Mom's older sister. It was a fun day.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun trip! All your pictures are so good! I love your hair curly too!

Ashley Perez said...

Lucille's is the best! We went there for dinner yesterday in fact cuz I wanted the ribs and mac n cheese! So unlike me but I love BBQ. I'm so glad you got to go spend time with your fam! And next time u have curlers in your hair at a rest stop you better take a picture! ha ha. I can so picture you doing that!

me said...

That was a fun day. We always love our visits to Auntie and Uncle Chucks.

Jeff said...

First, thank you for not posting in that last few days. When I catch up on blogs I just go down my list and you're number 4 so I have a tendency to get worn out if you have a lot of posts in the past week :D

Hey, you're auntie is kind of... oh I'll just say it, short. And I loved the curlers story. I kept thinking about a lady in a pink floral mumu getting out of her beat up old Cadillac at the service station with her hair in curlers. Awesome! i'm with Ashley, needs photos :D

Curlers aside... it looks like you had a lot of fun. That's great that you take so much time out to be with your family.