For enrichment, they thought they would enlighten us on how to make and cook a turkey (for when we are future homemakers). I have always been a bit curious about this process so I made sure I was there for this blessed event.
For those of you who have ever made a turkey; the process as you know will be daunting. It is even a little frightening if you ask me. Have you seen the neck!!! I will not even say what it reminds me of. The very thought of touching the insides of the turkey makes me cringe. I am very happy to not have to cook a turkey and the longer I put it off the better it seems.
I really do not like touching and cooking with raw meat and the process of it all makes me wonder if it is worth all the effort. I am glad to see what a process it really is. Because now I know to be more THANKFUL for the people who slave away cooking it and touching the bird in its raw form. Wish me luck in the future and if you are cooking the bird this year for Thanksgiving you have my sympathies.
For those of you who have ever made a turkey; the process as you know will be daunting. It is even a little frightening if you ask me. Have you seen the neck!!! I will not even say what it reminds me of. The very thought of touching the insides of the turkey makes me cringe. I am very happy to not have to cook a turkey and the longer I put it off the better it seems.
I really do not like touching and cooking with raw meat and the process of it all makes me wonder if it is worth all the effort. I am glad to see what a process it really is. Because now I know to be more THANKFUL for the people who slave away cooking it and touching the bird in its raw form. Wish me luck in the future and if you are cooking the bird this year for Thanksgiving you have my sympathies.
7 comments:
I made a turkey last year... It wasnt the greatest feeling. this year I am making the ham instead. My friend is making the turkey.
Turkey is not hard to make. I think people fear it because it is big and is associated with a feast. The grossest thing is touching the raw meat but you can get over that. If you want to save some money buy and cook a turkey even if you are not making a thanksgiving dinner. Take the meat off the bones and freeze it in smaller quantities. You can make enchiladas, tacos, casseroles and anything else that you put chicken in. It can last awhile.
It really is pretty sick, isn't it? I've helped my mom make the turkey, and the first time I saw the innards I was all sorts of disgusted by it. Oh wait...I still am.
But it sure is one tasty bird...!
Yay Turkey! That's the sad part about moving back to Dallas. All of the holidays are covered and someone else always cooks the turkey. Just wait until you decide to host your own holiday party. Then cooking the turkey will be fun and afterwords it will be your center piece of pride. Then again, maybe handling the dead bird is a guy things :)
How fun! I don't even know how to prepare a turkey, so that's a great idea for an enrichment activity.
I love doing the Turkey it's the only thing I can do
Miss Em, that's what husbands are for! Ha ha. No, but seriously. I don't like that process either, especially because I'm not a big meat eater. Let the boys clean the bird, and we'll fix up the rest.
Post a Comment