Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My haven from the world...




My room is such a source of happiness for me. I have loved decorating it and finding my own designs for it. I have grown to absolutely love yellow. I have always loved daisies and so they were the inspiration for my room. I thought I would share some of the things that are of interest in my room that mean something to me. Above my bookcase is a framed picture of a daisy and I happened to take that picture. When I printed a 5x7 and saw the clarity, I knew I had to print it to a 8x10. The picture that inspired my whole room is the framed daisy painting over my dresser. For the longest time I could not figure out what I should do with my long wall and when Ashley took those portraits it became a part of my room.

The only downside is I look kind of conceited with pictures of myself on my wall. I like to think of it as photography art. Can I help the model happens to be me? (haha) So in truth, I just happen to love those those pictures and its a source of happiness to look at them. So Caralee, my roommate can make fun of me all she wants! :) On the back of my door is where I keep all of my goals and a chart of progress with the goals that are most important to me. It keeps me motivated and on track with accomplishing what I desire. No one is normally allowed to see this so you got a sneak peak!

Today when I went to Trader Joe's, I saw beautiful daisies sitting on the ground. Normally I admire all the flowers and then put them back or just look; but not today! I bought myself beautiful daisies for 5 dollars! I then went to Home Depot and got a beautiful blue pot for my room. They will most likely not grace my room for a long time since they could become a mess. I will then proceed to move them outside, but at least right now I can be deliriously happy to have real flowers in my room.

On many of my photo frames I have used my jewelry to accent the pictures and add a feminine touch to my room. After three years I still am not tired of my white duvet cover on my bed and I just purchased another one for my room! Okay so I think I could write more about where I bought everything, all the good deals I got on my furniture, but I will spare you all the details! I still need to get a cover for my bed and to figure out a way to hide the cords, so for any of you who have good ideas on those things, feel free to comment.

5 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

My favorite part is your portraits on the wall by your bed! Go figure. As far as your cords are concerned, I know you can get those plastic panels that go against the wall or you can always tie them together with nye tye. Whatever the case, go to home depot, and they'll steer you in the right direction! Welcome to Em's crib, MTV!

Heidi said...

I love your room! REALLY! I have come to really LOVE yellow too! SO cute!

Lindsay said...

Cute room! I love how you've decorated it!

Jenn said...

Yellow is such a HAPPY color! I love how you have decorated your room. Looks very homey (sp?).

mommy24 said...

Great job on you room, Em! I'm very impressed with your decorating skills. Bryan wants to know why you hang pictures of yourself? He says you should at least hang one of your cousins, ha!