Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Jazz Dance Class

Dennon Rawles... Jazz Dance Instructor, Orange Coast College. http://www.dennonandsayhber.com/index.htm

This is my Saturday morning jazz dance instructor. I decided back in November to work on another one of my life goals. Which is to be a well-rounded, multi-talented individual and engage in activities that involve dance, art, etc...

I also decided I want to look amazing by Summer which means working out, going to yoga class on Thursday and this Jazz dance class on Saturday (also eating healthy). I am in heaven with working out, I feel better, sleep better, work harder and I overall feel happy everyday. Huge benefits!

So I walked in last week to this new class and it turns out I signed up for the intermediate class! As we started into different moves last week, I realized quickly, I did not belong with elite dancers just yet. So as I woke up from my great dream of sailing on a cruise, I rushed off to my class at 9:30 AM (Talk about dedication!)

Dennon, the instructor is my perfect kind of instructor because he is tough, funny, knowledgeable, talented and makes the two hours go by so fast! I love the way my body feels as I challenge it to do things it has never done before. He is married and if you check out his website, his wife also is a dancer and the pictures of their work is pretty cool.

So I encourage everyone to get out there and dance! Its the best thing and it only cost me $50 dollars for a 16 week class, plus my black Jazz dance shoes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love dancing too!

Lindsay said...

He looks just like Patrick Swayze! This post makes me want to go watch Dirty Dancing!
It sounds like you are doing really well with your exercising! I need to get better! Thanks for your advice!

Ashley Perez said...

Hi Em! When I wrote that blog, you were one of the friends that I thought of when I thought about being around people who uplift me! And I'm not just saying that =). Jazz sounds like fun. I took jazz, ballet, and tap when I was younger and I do miss it. I don't like dancing now, but when they show you what to do and how to move, it makes it so much more fun! I'm so glad you are enjoying your fitness program! Keep up the good work.

the ginabean said...

Good girl, I'm proud of you for being such a go-getter! You've inspired me to be more active...I have a hard time being so active when the weather sucks...

PS Just a reminder to do that tag thingy, when you have a few minutes. :)

Jenn said...

How FUN!! I use to take dance when I was younger, I totally miss it! What a great workout.

Michelle said...

ahhh!! You are seriously living out all the dreams I have yet to get to accomplish!! Dancing is on my list, and probably will for a very long time. I am so impressed with your go-get-em attitude. Keep it up!!!