Monday, February 11, 2008

President Hinckely and now Sister Faust


So I am really late in posting this, but I felt so many of my friends paid beautiful tribute to our beloved Prophet that they expressed my feelings on his passing. When I just read that Sister Faust died I decided it was time to pay tribute to both of them. President Hinckley has always been someone I deeply respect, love and cherish. I am a better person because he walked on this earth and has given me considerable comfort as I have listened and acted upon his counsel. I felt a special connection with him because of his involvement with the media and communications. I love his strength, optimisim and ability to love life even though there is so to be discouraged at. I pray I can always apply the principles he has taught while I have grown up. The last talk I heard from President Hinckley was his talk at our stake conference on marriage. I felt so much love from him. He talked from his heart and pleaded with everyone to love their spouses and to serve each other. His own devotion to his sweet wife always brought such joy to my heart. I am grateful for their dedication to each other and more importantly the Lord. Thank you President Hinckley for showing us true leadership, love and a dedication of a lifetime. I am forever grateful for the push for smaller temples so we can all enjoy the blessings of the temple!


Sister Faust has now joined her husband (he passed away 6 months ago). I remember hearing their love story and just how much they loved each other!
Here is a touching story from Deseret News written by Leigh Dethman, "My dad has always made it very clear how much he loves my mother and respects womanhood," daughter Lisa said in a 1995 church magazine article. "He has always treated her with a sweet tenderness."
Granddaughter Nicole recalled his reaction at Christmastime 1994, when the family gathered to watch President Faust open a portrait of his wife they had urged her to have taken as a gift for his office. As he unwrapped it "he pumped his fist in the air as he let out a Portuguese expression meaning 'wonderful!' Then family members became absolutely silent as he continued to look at the picture, and then he began to shake as tears rolled down his cheeks. He was so touched he couldn't speak."

It was his love for his wife, Ruth, and their family that held sway in his heart.
"With all my heart I want to thank Ruth Wright Faust for letting me share her life and giving me the hope that we can share eternity together," President Faust said in 1973 when he was called as an assistant to the Quorum of the Twelve. "She is more than a wife and a sweetheart because she has become part of my very being."

My comments...
What a great example to women! I can only pray I marry a man who loves and adores me in this tender way and I feel the same for him. Thank you Sister Faust for your inspiration and devotion! P.S. I chose this picture, because I love her wedding dress!

2 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Wow Em- I had no idea about sister Faust! I love the information you provided and your comments about both of these amazing individuals. I'm so glad we have such great role models for our own marriages! Thanks for the post.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the information, I didnt know that Sister Faust had passed away too! They will truly be missed.