Tennesee looking beautiful, what you would see normally from the great smoky mountains
Loss of property...
A woman who lost her home...
Digging out trapped students from a dormintory at the college
A view from the Sky...
Notice the roof is off of the house
(All these photos were found on a link from this article, under slideshow)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/severe_weather
This morning, I was at the gym sweating it out on the elliptical trainer when I saw coverage on this situation affecting the Southern states. As many of you know, I have a deep love for the south, the people and the accent! I felt emotional as I saw all the destruction and thought about my family there and if they were safe. I called my parents who live in Tennessee and the tornados did not hit Knoxville, it was a heavy storm. what a relief! The article (link by the photo) shares some of the stories of people who were affected if you want more information. I just thought that by mentioning this everyone could pray for the families who have lost loved ones, property, livelihood or even their life.
Here are some excerpts from the article, written by, RYAN LENZ, Associated Press Writer:
"Loss of life, loss of property — prayers can help and so can the government," Bush said. "I do want the people in those states to know the American people are standing with them."
Students took cover in dormitory bathrooms as the storms closed in on Union University in Jackson, Tenn. More than 20 students at the Southern Baptist school were trapped behind wreckage and jammed doors after the dormitories came down around them.Danny Song was pinned for an hour and a half until rescuers dug him from the rubble."We looked up and saw the funnel coming in. We started running and then glass just exploded," he said. "I hit the floor and a couch was shoved up against me, which may have saved my life because the roof fell on top of it."
With five minutes' warning from TV news reports, Nova and Ray Story huddled inside their home outside Lafayette and came out unscathed. But nearby, their uncle, Bill Clark, was injured in his toppled mobile home. They put him in the bed of their pickup to take him to a hospital, and neighbors with chain saws tried to clear a path. What normally would have been a 30-minute drive to the hospital took well more than two hours because the roads were clogged with debris. Clark died on the way. "He never had a chance," Nova Story said. "I looked him right in the eye and he died right there in front of me."
5 comments:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I heard about the tornadoes, but I didn't know where they were. I also like what you included from President Bush. Many do not like him, but I am continually impressed with his own faith in God and the prayers of the American people. I am very glad that your family is okay. Thanks for the update!
Isn't that awful! I was worried about your parents as well. I'm glad they are okay and I'm definately praying for all the families that were so tragically impacted. Thanks for the update on your post.
Wow...that really brings it close to home, doesn't it? I'm so glad your family is okay...it's just too bad that so many other lives were affected. So tragic. Doesn't it make you so glad to have the Gospel in your life?!
WOW!! Good to hear your family is safe! That must have been a scary moment... Prayers and thoughts to those families, for sure! Thanks for posting this!
I heard about this on the news...i could not believe it! Glad your fam is safe!!
Post a Comment