Servings: 12
VERY IMPORTANT TIPS: Don’t overmix. I mix all the dry ingredients together and then I add the wet ingredients and mix once it is all in there, before you add the blueberries, walnuts and chocolate then stir just enough. I use an ice cream scoop to measure it out into the cupcake pan. Use cupcake liners and spray them really well with butter cooking spray, can not stress enough how important this is as a step!
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
1 cup of walnuts
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips (I love using dark chocolate)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix in milk, egg, and oil and vanilla, mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
2. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 23 minutes 30 seconds.
I put them in the fridge and they can last up to a week (I triple this recipe and make 36 muffins and Jeff loves it for breakfast on the go).
No comments:
Post a Comment