
Quirk 1
I am notorious for being somewhat of a night owl. Mainly amoung family and roomies! I am trying to change my ways and so I have 2 alarms set at night, one at 10:00 and one at 10:45. right now its 12 AM and I have obviously ignored my alarms! haha, so I have an odd desire to stay up late and get stuff done. For example, I love cleaning and I will not stop until it is done, even if it means being up till 4 o clock in the morning and I am exhausted! I am hoping marriage will change this quirk of mine!

Quirk 2
I will rewatch episodes or movies of my favorite movie, over and over again. I remember in High School I LOVED the Parent trap movie that came out and I watched this pratically every night for a month. My Mom would just laugh at me! I had this little video player that I borrowed from my Mom and so I did not annoy everyone. I just loved their clothes, the way the house was decorated, really everything about it! I have done this with Gilmore girls, I have it on right now in the background. Its soothing to me, like visiting an old friend or family member. Its my security blanket I guess you could say! haha :)

Quirk 2
I have to get ready in order for bed and for pretty much everything else. I wash my face, brush my teeth, put lotion on my face, floss and then spray body perfume from Victoria Secret so I smell all nice for myself. Then I turn off the lights and pray. I also having a morning rountine. I love it and it helps me make sure I do everything that I want too! I know its a little odd, but when I can't follow it, I get annoyed. I can never fall asleep without praying, washing my face and brushing my teeth. Its born out of habit and it this little rountine was noticed when Tara stayed with me. We were exhausted one night, each lying on our bed and after awhile, I jumped up and did my rountine and when I came back Tara's jaw was dropped and she said, "How do you have the energy to do all of that, I can hardly think of getting out of bed." (Something like that!) and it just goes back to habits that can not be broken! :0)

Quirk 3
I don't like anything soggy. For example, I have two plates for when I eat pancakes or waffles and I dip it in the syrup so it does not get soggy. I love eating it this way. I also really don't like cereal that is soggy! So I try to buy cereal with a crunch. This is why I can't eat oatmeal very well and cottage cheese and so it makes it hard because I would love to eat these healthy foods!

Quirk 4
I am an avid reader and when I start a book I cannot put it down until it is finished. So this translates to late nights and complete ignorance of what is going on around me. I love reading and am passionate about the characters and storyline. So please do not be hurt if you are ignored when I am reading, I just am oblivious to everything around me! I also can never fall asleep during a movie, I have to finish it even if it bores me or if I am really tired! It keeps me up until it is finished. The only movie I have fallen asleep during is Cast Away, the sounds of the ocean and silence made me fall asleep.

Quirk 5
I am obessed sometimes with all things Jane Austen, I love the characters, time period, costumes, and the men. I repeat I am in love with the men! haha :) I can read endless books in that time period, talk like them and watch the movies over and over again! Its an addiction at times!

Quirk 6
I have a southern drawl that I use quite often, mainly for laughter purposes, but I must say I have mastered it and am dying to use it on a regular basis! I am drawn to a certain type of male cowboys and I would love nothing more than to own a cowgirl's hat and boots and drive a truck. I also love country dancing!! It was something I did every week at BYU-ID. on wednesday nights. It was a blast, it was also a boost to my esteem because I had dance after dance with guys because I was really good at the dance moves and every man I danced with told me so! Heaven is all I can say! I would give anything to be doing the cowboy cha cha right now. I would have to relearn it!

Quirk 7
I have a picture taking fetish, I can not seem to control this, I want to document everything and I know it is frustrating for people, this quirky gift was given to me by a picture taking Mom while growing up. The phrase growing up was "every moment is a kodak moment," I guess I just took it to heart!

Quirk 8
I also love blogging and I am obessed with reading all of your blogs and making a comment on every post. I just love people and I love seeing what everyone is up too in their lives and I want you all to know how much I sincerely love each of you. I also feel like it is a way to get closer to the people who I love and I have grown to love you all so much more. Its nice to know we are all more alike then we realize sometimes. So there you have it, that might be a quirk or not, but it is a little odd since I do realize most people don't have this need to write on every post and I even comment on people's blog that I don't know as well, but who cares (Its the best way to make new friends)!! I cherish letters and notes and now comments! I hold on to those things more than anything else, which says a lot because I like a clutter free space.
I am tagging Jeff, Cheri, Wendy, Lindsay, Ashley, Sheryl, Laurie to all do this tag! :) And anyone else who wants to tackle this!
4 comments:
I wouldn't call any of the above "quirks". I think it's great you post on every pic.Indeed it's very thoughtful of you and I know that's why you do it.
Oh goodness, this is going to take me a while! My problem will be narrowing it down to only 8! Stay tuned for a quirky post from me!
You're killing me Em. We just had a debate last night and I need to post on that, I have some sweet Hotel photos to post, and now this tag to blog. Grrr.
A night owl you say, eh? You crack me up. You have got to stop finding excuses to stay up late. Just wake up at 6am every morning. Eventually, you will have to get to sleep at a descent hour and you'll have all morning to do what you want.
I am with jeff about the late night thing- get up early and you cant stay up late!!! HA! I too love reading blogs and commenting. Maybe we will meet in person some day!
Post a Comment