Labor Day with Auntie and Uncle Chuck and Kendra, Dave and the kids
PART 1
Kendra and David invited me to ride along with them and spend the labor day weekend in Vegas with my Great Auntie and Uncle Chuck. We left late Friday night and returned Monday afternoon. My Auntie and Uncle Chuck are special to me for many reasons. Some of my strongest memories happened in their home as a child. Uncle Chuck is brothers with my Grandpa on my Mom's side. About 10 years ago, they moved from CA to Las Vegas, much to my disappointment because they sold the last childhood memory house I had. Putting that aside; I am happy for them that they are in such a beautiful area and it is nicer for them. Luckily, they brought a lot of the memories to this new house. Here are some snapshots down memory lane: My Great Uncle Chuck is a big collector of things like clocks and hats. So growing up he had many clocks all over and can fix any of them. My Auntie collects the matchsticks!
My Dad gave this to them along time ago and I can remember even as a child it being in their home.
The candy was another favorite thing, Katie and I would sneak candy all the time, mainly because we did not want our parents and grandparents to know how much we were eating of it. Auntie never minded that is why its there!
This is my dear sweet Uncle Chuck! He is the best and such a great person to talk with!
This is my Auntie up early making us her AMAZING breakfasts! She goes all out with biscuts and gravy, bacon, fruit, etc... Her other meals are also great and so is such a good cook! I remember going over there when my Auntie's Mother was alive and they would make homemade candy. I thought it was so fascinating! :)
Auntie makes afgans that she crochets and she taught me how to crochet when I was younger, I wish I still remembered. I think it could come back to me :)
This is the school bell that my great grandfather would ring to call the children into school since he was a school teacher in AK. He was also a farmer and they moved to California once all their children moved out there.
4 comments:
First to comment!
Em, Thanks for sharing some of your family history. I thought it was great that you decided to put aside some of your personal plans for that weekend to drive all the way to Vegas to spend time with family. I admire that your truly value and enjoy the time you get to spend with your family.
Going there is liking taking a trip back in time for Dave and I too. Since my grandparents have passed and Dave only has Grandpa Gale and Ann it gives us that little piece of childhood we don't have anymore. What I wouldn't give for just a day with my grandparents and Dave his Pappa & Nonnie.
Looks like a ton of fun and I have actually come to realise that I LOVE VEGAS! I would even move there maybe, the nice parts are SO NICE!
Glad you had fun and I always LOVE those trips down memory lane! Seriously the best, bringing you back to your childhood!
Post a Comment