Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Boyfriend Jeff is AMAZING!!!

So, I know I have kept you all in the dark about my dating life. I do that in all honesty to protect you from heartache and disappointment that I go through as I navigate through my dating experiences. But, I finally have confidence to post about this new boyfriend because he is different and he makes me feel adored. So he gets to be recognized and part of my blog!

I am following up this blog later with all the juicy details of our courtship for the past three months so you are all caught up. But due to the late hour and only having half of it written, I might do it in segments. I promise to answer what I think are all of your questions and then if you have any left then I will answer it.

Here is a story to illustrate why Jeff is a wonderful and amazing boyfriend:

Today I was in the walk in office meeting with students face to face; when Jeff and I were communicating. He asked me if the office where I meet with students is the same office I work in. I told him, No and he said I might want to go and check my desk. So off I hobbled to the building across the street and came across this:






Monday night, I was devastated because my physical therapist said he did not think I should ever plan on dancing again because it would be such a huge risk of tearing my calf muscle completely. He believed the current tear to be at 50 percent ripped. Of course this news was heart wrenching to me and after leaving I immediately called Jeff. I proceed to cry a little as I told him the news and he sympathized with me. So he sent me flowers today because of how upset I was and he wanted to make me feel better. He told me that he felt like he wanted to cry for me last night; because he knew how important dancing was to me. What a man is all I can say! I am so lucky :)
Today, When I went to my sports medicine doctor he told me I am in luck because it only tore 10 percent and so I should regain the usage of my leg and he thinks that in time and with proper physical therapy I can dance again! So all is well and I wanted to take the time to brag about my wonderful boyfriend for being so thoughtful and caring. Thanks Jeff!
It is so wonderful to have a great boyfriend!

15 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a gift to have someone who appreciates the amazing girl that you are. It often takes patience, but in the end...nothing like a relationship where there is great mutual admiration and respect for who you are and are trying to become! yay Jeff!

the ginabean said...

So HAPPY for you!

Heidi said...

Im so happy for you! I really do hope he realizes how special you are! Sounds like he really does adore you! and thats exactly what you deserve!

Lindsay said...

That is SO SWEET! He sounds extremely thoughful! I can't wait to meet him at Christmas!
And I'm happy to hear that you will probably be able to continue your dance, I know how much you love it! Dancing is good for the soul!
Love you!
Linds

Jeff said...

"What a man is all I can say! I am so lucky :)"

Wait a minute...

I promise I'm just trying to keep from falling too far behind. I'm sure everyone reading this agrees that you have a lot to offer and I am the lucky one.

Most importantly, I am glad the flowers made your day. :D

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O you so so so deserve a great boyfriend and I am so stinkin happy to hear that you are being treated well. And yes what a man for being that supportive, admiting that he felt that bad for you and for the BEAUTIFUL flowers sent to your work. He is a big time keeper. Congrats on finding a good one. Also congrats on the fact that you will most likely dance again.
PS I just hurt my knee again, yep, right when I get into a great workout routine. Whatever....that is all I can say for now!

Katy Beth said...

Aw!!! Em, I'm so happy for you! He's not only adorable, he seems perfectly sweet. So exciting!!

Wayne & Kate said...

that is SO sweet! and that is good news to hear also about your tear! after time of course :)

Barbara said...

Glad to see you so happy! He seems like a great guy and you guys look really cute together. You guys seem to make each other smile. Keep us posted! ;)

Ashley Perez said...

Hey, anyone with the name "Jeff" is a good guy in my book! Ha ha. It makes me happy that you're happy Miss Em. You deserve nothing less.

Anonymous said...

hey you what about me, your cousin, I gave you flowers too. Just teasing you...I'm glad you found a great guy who would do that for you!!!

Nelson Family said...

Emily,
First, you are more than welcome to read my blog, and I'm glad it is somewhat enjoyable for you. Second, we like Jeff, and you are lucky, but it seems like you are pretty cool yourself. Third, I think I would pick being pregnant over a leg injury, at least I can walk most days, although my story might change once I try to deliver this kid ;) And, p.s., the only thing better than flowers on a bad day is flowers for no reason whatsoever- hint, hint to Jeff.
Kortney

Devon said...

I think you have picked a winner! Jeff is one of the most cheerful guys I know and I love him! Maybe we can meet at Thanksgiving?

Katina Angola said...

All I have to ask is....
Who?
When?
and
How?
We know he is a boyfriend so I left out the What?

mommy24 said...

Finally a post without blood and bruises!
So you're in California. He's in Texas. How does that work?
Call me and share, you little secret keeper!

Bry