Sunday, June 8, 2008
Hunnington Beach Dance
I will admit I have felt very anti-social with church activities since December. Not church on Sunday or the Temple, just the weekly single adult activities. I think it is because it is depressing, to see the same people and know you are not going to meet anyone new and it is always the same thing. I have other exciting things to be engaging in, like going to the gym, reading a good book, cleaning, laundry, etc... Let's just say, I enjoy my own company. Well about three weeks ago I knew I needed to break my cycle of not wanting to go to things and so I am edging myself back into the social world of being a young adult.
This past week, (June 2nd-June 8th) I have been to FHE at the beach, The Huntington Beach dance on Friday and Saturday to Sara's birthday party, the Temple, ward choir, church, linger longer, and I think that is an exhaustive list. This week I have FHE, possibly institute, mormon night at the Angel's stadium, disneyland, etc... I will try to get pictures for your viewing pleasure. These are all fun things, but I also have work and other responsibilities. The goal or bargain I made with myself is I have to go to one activity other than church a week. I think once I move in August I will be more excited to go to more activities due to new people and no more headaches over parking, wish me luck!
Okay so back to the main focus on this posting. The dance, yes it was more fun then I expected. I went with my roomies, Caralee and Amrah. Before we went there, we got yogurt at the Great American Yogurt place on Beach and Garfield. The we went to the dance.
Posted by
Emily
at
7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I remember doing all that stuff... honestly sometimes I really do miss it. But as you were listing everything off, I got a little tired reading it.
Good luck in your new ward. Im sure you will have fun!
In response to your xposure post, I totally make use of that scheduled posting feature! I do it all the time and it saves me so much time...even though blogging is supposed to be for fun anyway. Here's to using technology! Oh and p.s. I met Jeff when I was extremely active in the ward- Sundays, my calling (especially) which was for the choir, institute (3 days a week!) and the occasional activity. Good luck em! Oh and also, I love that you posted a pic of you at John and Lindsay's wedding. You looked gorgeous that day so I always love to see the pix.
Good job going, and doing, and being part of.... It really does make a difference. When others see you having fun, giving of yourself in service, and loving the Gospel, thats when the magic happens. Heidi didn't say this in her post, but she and Matt met while serving in the Singles Ward and had a chance to see how they connected and saw each other at their best.. keep it up, and hang in there baby!! You are adorable
Post a Comment