Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!




Easter this year has been really different. For one, I have not gotten an Easter basket, no time spent with family and a different focus. To comment on the Easter Basket the reason for this maddness is due to being focused on being healthy and in shape and so right now consuming sweets is out of the picture except for my one day (Saturday) where I can have some. This madness ends on May 22nd or as soon as Allision breaks down and has sugar and then has to cough up $40 dollars. So anyways, I did buy a few things that would have gone into a basket. The Enchanted DVD and a new Easter Dress! I started the day baking a carrot cake, (which I knew I would not be eating; willpower can be tough!)

Then I went to ward choir to support my roommate in her calling. I think the best part was hearing the men sing, listening to the panio and the fruit after! Then it was off to church and we sang the song we practiced and we sounded better before church then the actual performance. Then we had combined Sunday School, which I rather enjoyed because my Bishop and his wife spoke about their courtship and some of the things Sister Kinney said I could completely relate too. Then after church I went to my friend Sara Foster's house where we had dinner complete with ham and all the works (see the picture).

We even had an Easter Egg Hunt! I found 10 eggs and it was so cool! Its fun reverting to childhood antics! I really love Easter, it is one of my favorite holidays! I was happy that my cake turned out well, everyone loved it, which is always a relief! It was a fun day and I enjoyed it even though I was looking forward to seeing all of my cousins, but with sickness abounding in Corona and Lake Elsinore staying home seemed like the best option. But I miss my family! I will be going down there in the beginning of April, when my Mom is here!

Also I have to say I LOVE my Savior Jesus Christ and HE is the reason I celebrate this season of Easter and I am so grateful for his atonement and resurrection and that he is my Lord and Reedemer. I have a personal testimony of him and I want with all my heart to be like him! I hope all of you reading this know this as well and had a happy Easter reflecting on our Savior and his gift to us!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Em, you look great! I def have to work on not eating sweets. You motivate me to continue to workout and eat wiser. Cute cake by the way!

Ashley Perez said...

I totally agree with the whole easter being really different this year. I'm glad to hear you had a good time and especially that you are in the choir! I always had a hard time getting people to participate when I was the director but it's nice to hear that wonderful people like you support the callings of others! I think I'm with you on the easter basket thing...we have more candy over here than we know what to do with!

me said...

Sorry we didn't get to have you over for Easter weekend. We can't seem to shake this bug. Just when we think it's gone someone starts up again. 4 weeks now. Happy to see you still had a nice Easter. We had the Easter bunny deliver us the movie Enchanted too.

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures Em! Looked like fun! I got your voicemail and I will call you back this weekend so we can catch up. It's been crazy here lately!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Great job on being so good with a diet, I really have such a hard time sticking to them I think working in a Restaurant really does not help with that! Anyway, glad to see you had a fun but different easter!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun yet different Easter Sunday. and a really yummy dinner. and you have some real will power... I dont think I could pass on a cake that I baked myself. Good job!