Sunday, March 23, 2008
Relief Society Birthday Bash!
We had a blast at the Relief Society Birethday Bash! We had the best lunch, with Sister Wilson giving a great talk about being women of God and not women of the world. She shared some personal stories that were really touching and she reminded us to not get so caught up in decorating, shopping, etc... that takes us away from what is important. I am glad she said that because it is easy to get to involved in all that and lose focus! We also played a three legged race and Nancy and I won second place! We were so excited, we barely missed it! Then We had a bubble gum blowing contest and after spending a fortune on my teeth I sat that one out and got awesome pictures of the women in my ward. I did participate in the airplane contest, but mine was not crafted well enough to make it anywhere near the other side of the room! We also sang Happy Birthday and got goody bags with toys in them. It was a blast and I love the women in my ward they are truly the best! Later that night I went to an Easter Egg party where we spend some time coloring our easter eggs. It was a fun day and my Target trip yielded much and I now have swim wear for the summer! So excited :)
Posted by
Emily
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sister Wilson IS a really good speaker! Oh and I love the bit about you sitting out the gum thing! That is such a smart idea. I might have to use that one if I ever get asked to participate in that embarrassing activity!
Post a Comment