Monday, February 11, 2013

Kind of a Rant :)



We are having another precious little girl and we are THRILLED!!!! Juliet Sophia is coming in June. 



So Jeffrey Honeycutt has been a superman lately. With my pregnancy being so fickle everyday (thank goodness for essential oils and Gatorade that have prevented the throwing up for the last 4 days whoot, whoot)! Jeff has really stepped up in the kitchen and has been making dinner most nights and even baking yummy things. I have to say he is awesome at it too and I think it has been nice for him to learn just how super talented he is at baking and cooking. He used to feel a bit inadequate in this arena.  :)

He seriously can to so many things, he amazes me and this is my way of thanking him, oh and I appreciate all the non-convenient things he does on a daily basis, he deserves to have offspring because he is wonderful.  :)  He got up and changed a seriously poopy diaper at 1 AM, because I could not stomach it and he gets up at 5:00 AM every weekday.

I just have to say, I think as a partner in a relationship, if we focus on all the wonderful things our spouses do for us daily then we will see what great people we married. If someone dwells on the negative then you won't be as happy and you will take the wonderful person you married for granted (aside from people who abuse their partner or have serious addictions (I could see how that would badly impact a marriage/relationship and how someone should )).

I think always seeing the good in every situation is what makes life more bliss, especially in such a scary world that we live in now. I hope people don't feel bad when others (myself) talk positively about their spouses and compare them to their own partners flaws. I hate it when people do that, each person is so unique, God looks at who we are and does not compare us to anyone but ourselves.

Are we better today then we were yesterday and if not, we should improve ourselves. Who cares if you are not as saintly as your sister, etc... You have your own divine gifts and talents, focusing on becoming the best you is what is most important.

I know this is a bit of a rant, but someone said I should not post this because I might make other people feel bad if their spouse does not do what Jeff does. To that I say, we all need to praise that which is praiseworthy.  By doing so we let the world know what is truly praiseworthy.  If we let convenience, fear of offending, and the cunning nature of advertisers dictate what is praiseworthy we will quickly find ourselves... oh wait, right where society is now.

I LOVE hearing about what your awesome spouse does for you and what you do for them. I think in a world FILLED with divorce, why not celebrate marriages that are working!

Marriage is fragile, it has to be cultivated and appreciated, it is hard work on both sides, it is about forgiveness and starting over when need be. Some divorces are warranted, I know of one right now that is, but most are just stupid it is because of selfishness of one or both of the partners. Coming from a divorced family now, I know first hand the terrible effect divorce has on children and it makes me sad. Fight for your marriage everyday if you have one, don't let it get to that sad point.

Can you tell I am pregnant and becoming my more opinionated self!

I would love to hear what wonderful things your spouse/partner or a good friend has done for you lately! Feel free to share :) 


2 comments:

Amber said...

Unloading the dishwasher every morning, taking out the trash everyday, putting the trash cans out on trash day (and bringing them back), folding laundry with me, putting Henry to bed almost every night to give me some down time, making dinner when I've had a long day....I could go on and on. I've got a great husband.

JAG Family said...

I totally think you should post the victories (big or small) in life on your blog. If it makes people unhappy they don't have to read it. I think one of the gifts we've been given (especially as women) is to celebrate and uplift others in the good things that are happening in our lives.

I agree - let's celebrate marriages that are working!