So, my favorite thing to do on my birthday is to think about everything that happened in the year previous. So here is my recap! Enjoy :) Below are my goals for 2010!
27th Birthday Year
Sport performances
Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls Basketball game (Honeymoon, so much fun)
Dance performances
Dominic Walsh Dance Co. (Honeymoon)
Musical performances
High School Musical Alhambra Theatre (Dinner and Show for Valentine’s Day)
Other fun things…
Disneyland trip with Tara Nielson, October 2009
Tara’s October Trip to see me J
Disneyland trips with Emily Schmutz, October –November 2009
Planned California Wedding Reception
Moved out of my apartment in Santa Ana, CA
November 2009, Moved to Jacksonville, FL
November 2009, Called to be the Second Counselor in the Young Women Presidency, over the Beehives
Lived with John, Lindsay and Cameron till my wedding in March
Started new position at University of Phoenix as Student Support Specialist in November 2009
Became an Aunt to my niece Alyssa and Katie (The day I arrived in Jacksonville) November 15, 2010
Became a homeowner in January 2010
Employee of the Month, February 2010
Disneyland Trip with Jeff, March 2010
WB Tour with Jeff, March 2010
First time to LA Temple March 2010 with Jeff
Married my eternal companion and love Jeff on Friday, March 12, 2010
Honeymooned in Orange County, California and Dallas, TX
Found out I was pregnant, April 6th, 2010
Got nominated into a Work Leadership Program (8 weeks)
July 2010: Found out we were having a girl, Emma Riley
July 2010 Graduated from the Work Leadership Program
September 2010 Finished the Human Resource Certificate Program
Trips
October 2009, Florida Vacation to Jacksonville
November 2009, Moved to Jacksonville, FL
November 2009, Thanksgiving with the Honeycutt’s in Dallas, TX
March 2010, Trip to Ontario and Orange County, CA to get married in the Newport Beach Temple
March 2010, Trip to Dallas, TX for Honeymoon and Dallas Reception
May 2010, Trip to Knoxville, TN for Knoxville, TN reception
July 2010, Trip to Niceville, FL (near Destin) Niece Katie’s Blessing
August 2010, Trip to Orlando, Florida Youth Temple Trip (Chaperone)
August 2010, Trip to St. Augustine, FL with John, Lindsay and Cameron
New favorite TV show:Bones and Veronica Mars
Some of the books I have read:
The Help, Kathryn Stockett
The Giver, Lois Lowry
Plain Truth, by Jodi Picoult
Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
The last song, Nicholas Sparks
Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
The Lightening Thief, Rick Riordan
The last Olympian, Rick Riordan
The sea of monsters, Rick Riordan
The Titan's curse, Rick Riordan
The battle of the Labyrinth, Rick Riordan
The hope chest,Karen Schwabach
No Impact Man, by Collin Beavan
So far favorite movies of 2010
“Dear John”, “Percy Jackson”, “Last Song”, “Letters to Juliet”, “Twilight 3 Eclipse”, “Ramona and Beezus”
New Hobbies
Cooking and Baking!
2010 Goals
- Read my scriptures everyday
- Exercise 5 times a week for at least an hour (this is once Emma comes out (and I get clearance from doctor) the swelling is gone and I can walk again without the accompanying constant pain in my legs and feet I have been experiencing this last month)
- Spend time with Jeff and continue to put him first and our relationship
- Learn how to be a great Mom to Emma and spend quality time with her
- Continue to learn everything I can about baking and cooking
- Pace myself and live a simplified lifestyle (stop trying to do so much)
Here is to another great year, I am excited to see what 28 holds for me!
Thanks for being my friend and loving me despite my imperfections and faults! I sure love all of you :)
4 comments:
Wow Em, it sure has been an exciting and turbulent year for you! And I love that you found out on April 6th. Such a significant day. That's the day that I went through the temple for the first time (: Not to mention all the other spiritual significances. I know this next year is going to be just as amazing for you!
Good luck on all your goals. They are good ones to have.I
Wow! What a busy life you have had this past year and milestones
you reached - marriage, home ownership and baby! WOW! Such blessings! Love you. Mom
Happy birthday darling! You are one amazing gal and I miss you so very much!
Post a Comment