Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Current Honeycutt Happenings...

This week is all about catching up in all areas of our lives, since I am so sporadic on this blog! My laptop is currently out of commission until we can replace the cord, which is why you all have not gotten to hear about our CA Temple wedding, honeymoon and time spent in TX and CA because I want you to see all the cute pictures.


Our Relationship…

We have enjoyed the moments when we do get to be together. We go on dates every week and we go grocery shopping together and plan dinner together for the week. Normally when we are shopping! LOL. We also eat lunch together and commute together since we work at the same building, different areas though.

We have seen some great movies lately, I have discovered a great money saving resource. We can get new releases from the library, I created a hold list before the movies were out at the library, when they came out we got to borrow it for free for a week! We have seen Avatar, Where the Wild Things Are, Dear John so far. We have to wait a little bit, but it is totally worth it.

We normally have our meals together which is so nice. I love being married and that is because of being married to Jeff! He is AWESOME and he shows me he loves me through his words and actions everyday. He is so good at helping me and it makes me want to serve him as well all the time. I am always thinking about what I can do to make him happy. I feel so blessed and he was worth all the years I spent single, because I appreciate him and I don’t take him for granted as I might have had we married earlier in our twenties.

Spiritually/Church Related

We are both being so blessed in this area. Jeff got called to be over the youth as a seminary teacher for two wards. He LOVES it and he is perfect for this calling, because he loves working with the youth, likes getting up early, going to bed early, studying the scriptures and teaching. He takes his calling seriously and wants to make the scriptures understandable to the youth. It does come with challenges, he has many people to make happy and everyone has opinions about attendance policies. Jeff is trying to do what his leaders are telling him that are over the program even though its making others annoyed! Seminary is out for the summer, so Jeff is preparing for next year and we are going to Orlando on Saturday for more training.

I LOVE my calling, I am serving as second counselor in the young women's presidency so I get have our beehive girls. Each one of them is so amazing and I love them dearly. They are such great examples of keeping the standards of the church with modesty and being kind to others. I really love our discussions in our beehive class and Jenna who teaches Beehives is great, she is so reliable and fun. She loves and cares for the young women as well and she teaches with the spirit.

I love Sharra Dains who is over our personal progress nights once a month. She is so creative and all the girls love her and her lessons. She taught us how to make bracelets on Tuesday to remember our Integrity no matter where we are.

I love and am so blessed to work with Lindsay, Lisa, Amyee, Jenna, Daisy and Allison. We have great leaders and wonderful girls, so I am glad the Lord wanted me in this divine program. The interesting thing is back in January 2009- on I had impressions I would serve in the young women's and even had a few dreams about it.

I did not know at the time if it was just a desire or if it was really something that was going to happen, but I feel and now know the Lord was preparing me for this calling. I always get choked up when we are in the temple and we pray over the youth and what they will face. I have been that way since I started going to the temple four years ago come December. I think about everything they are facing and are going to face and I just want them to be safe and protected spiritually and physically.

I am so blessed to have had great young women leaders throughout my program as a teenager that helped me prepare for the future, I want to provide the same experiences to our girls. I know the reason I was so chaste during my single years and able to marry in the temple was because of my parents and the lessons and examples that were taught to me in Young Women's.

Education

Just finished another HR class about employee benefits, health and safety for my certificate program. I should be finished September 19th with the certificate! Jeff also just started school and is crazy busy with that as well. He is studying Business and Finance for his undergrad degree. After that he will wants to work on a Masters in Business Administration and a financial planning masters (I can't remember the name of the program)at a sister school. So I plan on him being in school for the next 5 years! Good thing he loves where he works and receives tuition benefits!

2 comments:

me said...

I love that you are praying for the youth when you go to the temple. Our youth need all the prayers directed at them that they can get. Also, they need our unconditional love, especially when they seem the most unlovable.

marlene said...

Wow what busy active and wonderful lives you both are leading. I love that you are praying for the youth you have responsibility over. They are all blessed to have you and Jeff in their lives.