Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The start of many posts....


We have been married for over one month and it is wonderful! I love Jeff so much and we have not had a difficult transition into living together (maybe because we are older, dated along time, have both lived with difficult personalities throughout the years and the result is living together has so far been pretty easy!) so this is a huge blessing!


That is not to say life is just peaceful bliss and we are floating on a cloud of heaven everyday! We are overwhelmed with a lot of things and changes, between working, remodeling our house every weekend, church, church callings and a few other surprises we have encountered, we feel we are just surviving through everyday while holding on to each other for dear life!
We have great family and friends helping us through everything and have some ideas for getting our house done sooner so we can enjoy having a normal life routine! Don't take your nice homes or apartments for granted, enjoy your carpet, your kitchen and having the option of making dinner easily from a full functioning kitchen everynight. I hope to say in a month I can make dinner easily in a kitchen with a stove! I don't feel bad for myself, because I chose this, we decided we would save money on purchasing a house that needed remolding so it was my decision to live this way for a short period of time. I did not realize how difficult it would be, but I have hope we can get it done sooner than later. I just want everyone to feel gratitude for the things I used to take for granted!

As a side note, I am working on writing all of the Thank You cards from the wedding for all the people who helped us and all the gifts we have received and beautiful cards sent to us. They made us feel very loved and special and we really appreciated everything. So don't give up on getting one yet or wonder why it has not come, I am just working on each one in my spare time and once I am done will take them all to the post office to be sent with love to all those who have given so much to us, we appreciate it! I am only writing about this because it weighs heavily on my mind everyday and I have a strong desire to send them out and there are many to write and so much in my heart that I want to say and so the process is longer than I anticipated.

Now that I have gotten it off my chest I can breathe a little easier! I am getting ahead of myself though, lets start from a week before the wedding....

Preview before the wedding….
Our wedding week! We arrived in California on March 5, 2010 and I just felt at home again. I knew where I was going, I was thrilled that I was going to see everyone again and I will admit that I could not wait to visit my favorite food places out there.


So we stayed the first two nights at my Aunt Kath’s house. Friday night, Jeff and I flew in, rented our car (I loved this car and felt on top of the world driving such a new shiny car, Jeff let me pick the rental car out and let me drive it first and I hate driving so that said something about this car) and we headed to Lucille’s BBQ Restaurant.


We waited for an hour to be seated and sitting next to us was a teen couple who were expecting a baby. I became a little annoyed when another teenager, came up to them and congratulated her on getting pregnant! I was thinking are you serious?

I would never congratulate a teen for getting pregnant! I would tell them how wise they are if they give their baby up for adoption so the baby would have a stable home environment. So maybe this is judgemental of me to think and I try not to be, but I just feel bad they got themselves into being parents at such a young age (they looked like 15 year olds).


So anyways, we get seated and we are eating great food, when Jeff pulls out a hair from his food and right then our waitress walked by and we showed her Jeff's discovery.

She took the plate back, got Jeff new food and the manager came by and apologized and said his meal was covered! We were excited about that, what impressed me about Jeff is how he handled everything. When the waitress came over, he just showed the hair to her, he did not make it a big deal at all. When the manager came over, Jeff was not rude, but kept telling the manager, it was okay, reasurring him he understood things happen. The manager looked shocked that Jeff was so nice, calm and pleasant that he looked taken back. I was so impressed with my man!

(This story will be done in several posts, I want to wait till I have all the pictures and so it might take a few days in between to post the whole story, we still have no Internet at home and I can't check my Facebook very easily! But don't give up on me!)

6 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Lucille's is my fav! But that's really disappointing about the hair...dash it all. I'm glad Jeff was calm about it!

Katina Angola said...

Cant wait to see you in May!

Barbara said...

Cute story. Jeff sounds like a great man! I'm happy for you!

Robert,Amanda and Alyssa!!! said...

Hi Emily, How are you?? I loved reading your new post and I love your blog and the music. I am starting to like this blogging thing I am actually starting to get the hang of it I think. LOve ya call me sometime I would love to talk to ya but I know life can get busy and time flys believe me I know.

Robert,Amanda and Alyssa!!! said...

believe me I know what your going through with the kitchen and all & after you go through it you will never take it for granted again. At Robert's first place when I first started staying with him he didn't even have a kitchen sink LOL. He had a refirator and a stove, But how are you suppossed to wash dishes? So you could say we ate out alot. But now we have a good kitchen we still eat out alot, I guess something's never change LOL.

Katie T. said...

Em,
You sound stressed! too much going on for you...Please don't worry about everything. Just do one thing at a time. It will get done in time.
I'm glad your enjoying married life!