Sunday, July 12, 2009

Two stories to illustrate why Jeff is awesome!













The first story, On friday night, Jeff and I were watching movies and the last movie ended around 1:30 am. So needless to say, we were pretty exhausted. So he went home and I had planned on sleeping in all Sat. Morning. My parents called at 8:30 Am and I talked to them for forty-five minutes and then my friend Emily called at 9:15 and we talked for 45 minutes and then I went back to sleep to be awakend by Jeff at my door at 11am. I will admit I was tired and just wanted to sleep more. Jeff came in the door and was like, "go back to bed, I just want to work on a few things!" So I went back upstairs and fell alseep. At 12:30 PM He wakes me up and we start talking and go downstairs and my kitchen was SPOTLESS!!! It looked so beautiful and he even cleaned the big mess that we had created in the kitchen the night before.


I had not looked forward to cleaning it the next day. So I felt really blessed that Jeff did that for me. He is always helping me with cleaning when we make dinner and I really appreciate it. He even cleaned the floor, something we both hate doing! Cause we have talked about the division of household chores for when we get married and we learned what we both dislike which is mopping and sweeping floors!

Second story, happened today. After I got done reading all of your wonderful blogs that were new on my google reader, Jeff wanted me to watch this, Dr. Horrible something or other, 45 minute show. I loved the music on it and hated the fact that the girl dies in it (even though I understand why). So anyway, 15 minutes into the show, we hear this water pouring in the kitchen (it was not a normal sound).
The dishwasher was running and so Jeff jumps up and sprints to the kitchen to discover water is ALL over the floor, in the sink cupboard and ruined some of the things I had under the sink. He jumps into action and I am trying to help, I got some towels, but Jeff did all the hard work. He soaked up the towels and rung them out, he got the huge mess all cleaned up and then was able to fix the problem. The guy who fixed my disposal had not closed the gap and so there was no where for the water to go and it left it open for water to flood everything below! How quickly he moved to get the problem fixed and all the clean up he did with it, left me feeling very loved and blessed by my man.


These are two small examples of everyday things Jeff does for me that make me love him so much more. He is such a great partner to me and I just have to share these stories with you. I want you to know more about the man I am choosing to marry and what makes him so great!

Love, Em

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Awe, shucks. I love you too. For a little clarity, when the garbage disposal was recently changed, the tech forgot to reattach the dishwasher's drain hose to the new garbage disposal. When the dishwasher did its first rinse cycle... Then there was to problem that a plastic container fell through the cracks and landed on the heating element. That stunk.

I love you Emily

Bliss' said...

New love is so cute!! The cool thing is as the years pass you will be able to grow together. As you work together through your trials your love can continue to grow into an amazing bond, one which you can't imagine.

Katy Beth said...

How sweet! Aw...I'm so excited for you two. Isn't it funny how sometimes the smallest things can make you feel more loved that anything else? Trust me, it only gets better! (Not that I have too much on ya'll, but you get the point. haha!)

Ashley Perez said...

I knew that when you finally found the man you wanted to marry, that he'd be amazing. You waited longer than you wanted to and prepared yourself better than anyone I've ever known and I can't tell you how happy I am that you finally found him!

Go Jeff! And keep up the cleaning because I can't tell you how happy it makes us!!! Us women that is (:

Sheryl said...

You are blessed!

Violet said...

He is so cute! congrats on the engagement by the way :0)

Jessica said...

well, it definetly sounds like you got a great one! Congrats on your engagement, i'm really happy for you :)

Lindsay said...

Jeff is awesome - I'm grateful he will be helpful and handy fixing things around your home. Love, Mom