Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 2009!! A New Year and A New Surprise :)

A preview of my kitchen pre-move in!! :)

Sorry that I fell off the blog wagon for 15 days!! I have had a complete surprise recently and it makes me extremely excited, a little nervous and tired from all the things I need to do and have done. I was looking on Craig's List for fun at the apartments that were listed; I do this a lot to see what is out there and I had a reason because I have been checking out deals for my friends looking for housing.


I stumbled across one that was near my work and in my same ward, $825 a month for a one bedroom and one bathroom townhouse. They only had three and it was a weekend special and required just a $200 dollar deposit. The catch was you have to move in by January 18.

I went and looked at it for fun and liked what I saw for the most part. Went back a second time and LOVED the one that I was getting due to extra long closest, and getting a new microwave and stove in it. I ended up going for it and ever since then its all I can think about.

Not to mention that I had a job interview and got to the second one and it seems as if I do not get to move forward so that was disappointing. The competition was stiff there were 50 people interviewing for these positions because of the actual job.

So it was a disappointment, but life moves on and it must not be the Lord's will for me. So after I accepted the special and have been planning on moving I started doing all the math calculations and working out a budget for the next year. That is when I realized my cash flow was going to be a lot lower and I am fine with that because my goals this year does not center on doing all the things I have always wanted in regards to concerts, museums, trips, etc...

Its going to be a year of exercising and getting back in a healthy routine and working out regularly. I also am going to be working on being more balanced (We will see how this goes!) I tend to take on to much and spread myself too thin.


I will be doing Human Resource certificate program to aid in future job possibilities. I want to go to the temple once a week and I want to go to more church activities and develop the friendships I currently have and foster new ones. We will see what happens!


Getting this place is really a miracle on many different levels; I have wanted my own place for the past three years! I feel like I am moving up in the world and becoming a "real" adult. I wanted specific things and I got pretty much all of it except for a few things. The Lord amazes me in every way and I feel blessed to have the knowledge that I am his daughter and that he knows everything about me and shows me this in so many ways. How someone can not believe in God is hard for me to understand. I see his hand in everything in life!


I found it interesting that since I have made this decision; many things have fallen into place, but a few things have been a little disturbing . Like having people tell me horrifying stories that I will not repeat! After this occurred I have had two nights this past week of sleep deprived nights worrying and thinking about what they said. One of these nights I put on piano music of the hymns to soothe me to sleep and I turned to my scriptures to get comfort and it was beautiful because the scripture I turned too was about Heavenly Father watching over us and the need to not fear, but to be at peace!

I am glad I also talked to my cousin Kendra who comforted me and reminded me of all the reasons I am doing this. We talked about all the positive things of having a place of my own! She told me that I have done enough thinking about safety and its time to think about the fun! I love her philosophy! ha ha :) Here's a few of the positives...No roommates (not that all roommates are bad to live with and actually with the right mix can be a blast. I have found living with your best friend is the best roommate situation!), have it organized and clean to my hearts content, can invite people over without asking anyone, a fridge, kitchen and a bathroom all to myself and I can have overnight family guests a lot and out of town guests who want to come to CA!

So overall I am excited. Its going to make laundry, dating and errands a little challenging; but I have a good plan for dealing with all that when it comes. I am going to be cautious and alert and please do not tell me frightening stories relating to women being harmed in anyway; it will just cause me sleepless nights and I really want to be happy right now.

So I move this weekend and am most excited about decorating. I really think I should have been an interior decorator because designing a room is exciting, challenging when you are on a tight budget and fun! I have stayed up too many nights looking at everything you could possibly want at the same time knowing my budget! Ha ha :)

Thank goodness for the kindness and love of family! My cousin Bryan and Wendy are selling me their fridge cheap! This was a HUGE blessing and made my week and helped with my budget a lot.
So that is what has been going on and I promise I have great and fun things to write about regarding my trip to Tennessee and Florida and fun pictures to share. I will try to get them done tomorrow night if I can find the time! I seriously have a lot going on right now! As a disclaimer, I will not have easy access to the Internet until Saturday Morning Jan 24. Only at work and I try to look at stuff sparingly there.

Well anyways have a great week and my last big news is Lindsay's baby is a BOY, so I am going to have a Nephew. I am pretty excited and I know my brother is extremely happy and so is my Dad! Everyone I know so far who is pregnant is having a boy! :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! I am so sorry people are telling you things that scare you. I wish you the best in this new adventure. I hope things work our for you! and YAY for boys. I love having Jackson. we will see what #2 is!

Bliss' said...

Congratulations on the new place. You will love it I'm sure. Don't worry about the horror stories. I'm know you will stay safe and cautious. I used to freak out every time Bryon would leave on a trip. I am now used to it. It helps that Bryon blessed our home. I also don't watch freaky shows which helps.

Barbara said...

Yay a new place! Everything will turn out fine. Congrats on the nephew... hmmm, maybe mine's a boy too?

me said...

I can't wait to have an overnighter!

Jeff said...

Em,

Excited to heat about the new place. Do not give too much credit to the horror stories. While I have not known you well enough to know if you have ever been a poor judge of character of the people you trust, I do know you are awesome and make wise choices following the promptings of the Spirit. Put that together with a HUGE support group of family and friends who pray for you, your wellbeing and SAFETY and you've got it made :)

Congrats and the expected nephew. Nieces and nephews are SO MUCH FUN!