Thursday, December 4, 2008

Old Friends and Black Friday Deals

Fun new shirts for my TN Trip and Utah Trip!

6 AM Deals! Fun Movies to watch!


About to go shopping... Tara, Emily and Heidi


Aden is so cute!

A long time ago (about 3 1/2 to 4 years ago), the Lord answered a heartfelt prayer of mine. I had just had a relationship end and I felt really alone and being relatively new to CA, I did not really know anyone but my ex and his family.
So I prayed for close friends. The Lord went above and beyond in answering this prayer because he sent me Heidi first and then Heidi introduced me to Tara. Heidi and I first met when I was still dating my ex and then when we broke up I ran into her at a church gathering.

She was so friendly and she said that she wanted to be my friend. I told her how I had prayed for friends due to not feeling like I had anyone outside of my family and she told me she had also prayed for friends since she was new. So we decided to be friends together and she told me about another girl she meet Tara who at the time lived in Riverside.
So we all met up one weekend and went shopping at Ontario Mills Mall. Tara and I instantly connected and we became a fun threesome. I spent every weekend with these girls and they helped me to heal from the relationship that I had been in and they made my life feel right again.

The Lord really blessed me and what impresses me the most is he did not just give them to me for a season, but for a lifetime. Tara and I both have not meet our spouses yet and so we party hard together (even though we would be happy if the men would come into our lives soon!).
We have gone on trips to see each other since she moved back to Utah about 1 year and a half ago. We want to visit Hawaii and I am trying to talk her into going to New York City. We also were roomies for a season and it was so effortless living with her. She has helped me get through challenges and helped me in so many ways grow and believe in myself. I love Tara's family and admire all of them. They are seriously amazing!

Some of my favorite life memories are with her. I miss the days when we lived together because every night was so much fun, sometimes we would just sit around and read from all the 20 library books she would bring home. Which was such a great time to us, but might be boring to others. This weekend was so perfect because I got my friend back even though it was just for four days!

So back to the original story...
On this particular Friday, Heidi drive down to spend some quality time with us, doing what we all love best... shopping!! Ha-ha :) We went to Target, Jamba Juice and the Ontario Mills Mall where our friendship first blossomed!

Heidi married Eric about three years ago and they just had a baby! He is so sweet and I got to pretend that he was mine while Heidi was trying stuff on. Tara said I am quite the natural! He is so precious and its beautiful to see the strong relationship Heidi has with Eric. They are so perfect together and both Tara and I encouraged her to date him and it turned out wonderfully! I am glad she married a CA guy so they can come out and see me!

It felt like time had not past at all and I felt so loved being with two amazing women that I have come to just love and admire in the past few years.
So here is thanks to my Father in Heaven for answering a heartful prayer so long ago and giving me the best friends a girl could ever want to have.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

How sweet that is. It is wonderful when we find our kindred spirits in the gospel and they bring out the best in us. They are also blessed to have you. I know you invest alot in your time together, and that is why it is easy for them to be with You! You made me smile this morning!

Heidi said...

love those best friends that you know you will never lose. I just wish I had some here with me in Colorado.

Ashley Perez said...

That is so sweet Em! I'm so glad you have friends like those. They are not always easy to find. And I love hearing your stories about your prayers being answered. You have such tremendous faith and I really admire that about you.

Ashley Perez said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we went shopping on Black Friday as well! But I usually get up around 8am and then roll in to the stores around 9a. We also got cars and had we not already owned many of the other dvds in your stack, we would have bought those too! You gotta love the $4 dvds at target. We were blown away this year because some of the dvds at Walmar were $2!! Crazy.