I try not to eat at fast food places, due to the unhealthy nature of the food. Unfortunately as we all know there are times when we are busy and will need to make a quick stop. So, I got my inspiration from my friend Caralee and put together a list of food items from various fast food places to get a feel for the calories. If your favorite food is not on the following list, I can pretty much guarantee that it is over 400 calories if not way higher than that. Feel free to copy this and keep it in your car for fast ordering. All things listed are in the 300-370 calorie range. I have not gotten all of them yet, but maybe I will make a menu 2 soon :) Hope you find this useful. As a disclaimer, I am not endorsing fast food and I am not indicating that the food below is truly healthy, I am just saying if you want a meal with as few calories as possible from fast food then here's a good list.
Fast Food Menu Guide
Taco Bell
Burrito Supreme- Chicken, 330 calories. 8 grams of fat, 1360 sodium
Soft taco Supreme- Beef, 250 calories, 13 grams of fat, 650 sodium
Del Taco
Taco salad (not deluxe) 350 calories, 30 grams of fat, 390 sodium
Soft taco or hard taco 160 calories 10 fat grams
Jack in the Box
Hamburger 280 Calories, 12 fat grams, 580 Sodium
Asian Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips 160 calories (does not include dressing and topping)
Chicken Club Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips 320 calories (does not include dressings or toppings)
Subway
Double Turkey Breast 330 calories on wheat bread and with all vegetables and mustard 5 fat grams, 1500 sodium
McDonalds
Southwest salad with grilled chicken 320 calories, 9 grams of fat, 960 Sodium
Asian salad with grilled chicken, 300 calories, 890 Sodium, 10 fat grams
Egg McMuffin, 300 Calories, 12 grams of fat and 820 Sodium
Fruit n’ yogurt parfait 130 calories without granola 160 calories with
Vanilla reduced fat ice cream cone, 150 calories, 3.5 fat grams
4 piece chicken nuggets 190 calories Sauce is 50 calories
Wendy’s
Jr Hamburger, 220 calories
Jr. Cheeseburger 260 calories
Jr. Cheeseburger deluxe 300 calories
Chocolate frosty jr. 160 calories, 4 grams of fat, 75 sodium
Sour cream and chives Baked potato 320 calories, 4 grams of fat, 50 sodium
Caesar side salad 70 calories, 4 grams of fat
Side salad, 35 calories
EL Pollo Loco- 315 calories
One complete meal: Skinless chicken breast, 180 calories, 4 grams of fat, 560 sodium
Mashed potatoes, 100 calories, 1 gram of fat, 350 sodium
Fresh vegetables (with no butter) 35 calories
IN and OUT
1. Hamburger, 310 calories, mustard and ketchup instead of the spread **DO NOT ORDER FRIES (400 calories) OR SHAKE (680 calories).
****Do not go to Baja Fresh, nothing under 400 calories****
Taco Bell
Burrito Supreme- Chicken, 330 calories. 8 grams of fat, 1360 sodium
Soft taco Supreme- Beef, 250 calories, 13 grams of fat, 650 sodium
Del Taco
Taco salad (not deluxe) 350 calories, 30 grams of fat, 390 sodium
Soft taco or hard taco 160 calories 10 fat grams
Jack in the Box
Hamburger 280 Calories, 12 fat grams, 580 Sodium
Asian Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips 160 calories (does not include dressing and topping)
Chicken Club Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips 320 calories (does not include dressings or toppings)
Subway
Double Turkey Breast 330 calories on wheat bread and with all vegetables and mustard 5 fat grams, 1500 sodium
McDonalds
Southwest salad with grilled chicken 320 calories, 9 grams of fat, 960 Sodium
Asian salad with grilled chicken, 300 calories, 890 Sodium, 10 fat grams
Egg McMuffin, 300 Calories, 12 grams of fat and 820 Sodium
Fruit n’ yogurt parfait 130 calories without granola 160 calories with
Vanilla reduced fat ice cream cone, 150 calories, 3.5 fat grams
4 piece chicken nuggets 190 calories Sauce is 50 calories
Wendy’s
Jr Hamburger, 220 calories
Jr. Cheeseburger 260 calories
Jr. Cheeseburger deluxe 300 calories
Chocolate frosty jr. 160 calories, 4 grams of fat, 75 sodium
Sour cream and chives Baked potato 320 calories, 4 grams of fat, 50 sodium
Caesar side salad 70 calories, 4 grams of fat
Side salad, 35 calories
EL Pollo Loco- 315 calories
One complete meal: Skinless chicken breast, 180 calories, 4 grams of fat, 560 sodium
Mashed potatoes, 100 calories, 1 gram of fat, 350 sodium
Fresh vegetables (with no butter) 35 calories
IN and OUT
1. Hamburger, 310 calories, mustard and ketchup instead of the spread **DO NOT ORDER FRIES (400 calories) OR SHAKE (680 calories).
****Do not go to Baja Fresh, nothing under 400 calories****

6 comments:
An eye opener for sure!
Forget fast food in the morning. I better just stick to doughnuts :D
Amen, Sister!! I am on weight watchers now and my normal meal from taco bell would be about 23 points. I am only alllowed 30 a day!!!
This is great to know! Thanks for this post. It will help me make wiser choices next time I go through the drive through!
So much sodium. I can't believe the subway sandwich having 1500. What is it, the bread, the meat, what? Very disappointing. I like subway's turkey sandwich.
I saw the title of this and I knew what was coming!! Ha ha. I too don't eat fast food, especially because I only eat white meat, but I do occasionally have a bite of Jeff's fries/chicken tacos, etc.
I too can't believe that about subway! Who would have thought! I have nutrition count books that contain pretty much every kind of food you can think of, restaurant food included. They're amazing and scary at the same time!
Post a Comment