Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ripley's Aquarium with the Stephen's


We went to a Cuban place to eat and it was a fun place
The crabs! These are not the ones you eat!

This fish is interesting, don't you think?
Me and Jordan
I also touched this horseshoe crab!



I touched this jelly fish and it was so different then I expected. It is hard not soft!
Megan and I!
Jordan touched this shark as it swam past us and it was so close, we were standing above it!
The American fish, very patriotic!


Can you see the fish Jordan is staring at?


The gals looking at some fish at our backstage tour!

The whole gang, minus Phillip who is taking the picture!

Tara and Phillip! Such a cute couple and I love that Tara is a picture taker like I am!
This is a baby shark that I touched!
The three girls!
While I was home, I spent time with the Stephen's and I have to say they are one of the best families I know. Tara Stephens has been one of the people who without fail always makes me feel special and loved through all these years. She is warm and open and easy to talk too. Her boyfriend is equally charming and personable and downright likable and Megan is a total sweetheart and an absolute ball to be around. Jordan and I have been friends for the past five years and he just got off his mission so it was nice to spend time with him again since it has been a long time, he is also a great person to be around. It was fun catching up and spending an evening looking at cool fish and getting a backstage pass to the ins and outs of an aquarium. Nathan is their friend and works there and gave up a couple of hours to explain everything to us. I am glad I went and I am equally glad I got to spend time with a family that I have always loved and think so highly of.

8 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Fun! It reminds me of SeaWorld, without all the figurines you can take pictures with! I totally thought you were wearing that suit when I first saw the photo.

Sheryl said...

I am amazed at how much ground you covered with your vacation time! What a great summer for you. Great memories of family and friends and great places!!

Barbara said...

That looks like fun! I love marine life.

Lindsay said...

How fun! I've never been to a place like that before. I probably would have lost my appetite looking at that ugly horseshoe crab though! hehe! Speaking of crab though, I've TOTALLY been craving crab legs since we left Charleston! We need to get your dad down here to make us some more! Cute post!

Ashley Perez said...

Don't tell me you made this change after I left last night! Sometimes we all need a change, don't we?

Jeff said...

That's great of your friend, Nathan, to set the time aside to personally show everyone around. Tour guides make everything so much more enjoyable. Locally there is the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. If you haven't gone, I highly recommend it

Violet said...

It looks like you had a great trip. I think learning about the ocean is just about one of my favorite things ever!

me said...

Emily, your the sweetest gal I know! Thanks for always posting such nice little things on every photo! I love ya for that!