Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Dad is the BEST!!!

We are missing, Robert, he could not come, but here is a picture from the cruise we went on in September.
My Dad and I on the boat!
I love the pictures of my Dad at John's wedding, so here is one of him and my brother and cousin David.
My Mom, Dad and I, this was such an emotional happy day. We all love Linds so much and to have her join our family made it perfect!
My Dad is excited to one day be a grandparent and he is trying to be patient until his time comes! I was lying in bed one night, thinking about my parents and I started to laugh really hard because it struck me as kind of funny how they longed to have grandchildren and how they are no where close to having any! I know that sounds awful, but I don't plan on having children any time soon since I am not exactly married and even when I am I want time with my spouse. John and Linds might not have a child for awhile and Robert is also not going to have one for awhile so I kind of feel for them. I was laughing because it seems all of my family members have always had to be so patient in everything they want. I think its the Lord's way of testing us since we actually want what he wants us to have!


MY DAD!!!
This is really late; but I have been busy going to so many church activities everyday this week that I am finally getting to blog about my AMAZING father. I could not have chosen a better father for this earthy existence than my Dad. He is a loving, caring, funny and a deeply spiritual man.


We may not share a love of old fashioned cars or fishing, but we do share a love of music, books, politics, business, service, missionary work, gospel principles, cooking and exploring new places along with a deep love for our family. My Dad welcomes everyone into our family and always sticks up for the little guy. There was a lady once in our ward at church, who many people did not seem to care for. She made a comment in Sunday School and many people groaned and after she finished her comment, my Dad spoke up and supported what she said. He did not care what other's thought and always tries to stand up for the little people or those who are not as popular. I admired my Dad so much for that small act of kindness.
Both my parents are always quite popular with my friends. When I was the Young Adult President, my parents were the young adult advisors and when I was about to move to California, all of the young adults were asking if my parents were going to be released. When I told them no that they would not be released, they were so excited that they would still have my parents! Pretty much all my friends have told me that when they enter into our home the spirit is so strong and they feel so loved. I am so thankful to have been raised by both my parents.

My Dad has always felt deeply for the gospel and has tried to live it the best he knows how, regardless of what others think. He keeps the Sabbath Day holy better than I think anyone does and he loves church meetings. I mean LOVES any opportunity to go to something related with church. Having not grown up as a Mormon, he cherishes the gospel and any opportunity to grow. I also realized since leaving home that my Dad has a gift for giving priesthood blessings.

When a family crisis comes up, my Dad handles things so well. I think that is when I came to realize the full capacity of my Dad's love for all of us as his children. My Dad also loves education and when I was always caring about my GPA, my Dad would remind me of the joy of learning for learning sake! He has always cared about spending time as a family and made sure he was a part of our lives growing up! He took me on Daddy daughter dates all growing up. One of my favorite's was when we went to the circus! I think I was about five and I was so excited to see the elephants, have cotton candy and get alone time with my Dad :) He took my brothers and I to Disneyland, the beach and many other countless activities growing up. He has always supported my Mom with her love of genelogy and made it possible for her to fulfill her passion.

As a teenager, one of the things that brought me closer to my Dad is when we went to my cousin Julie's wedding in New York. We drove up together and really had time to talk and get closer. We both grew to love country music on that trip and that is our thing. He also would spoil me when we went shopping once with three dresses that I wanted. He is always quick to tell me how I am great and that he loves me. He also calls just to see how I am doing and I love it!

My Dad has a strong sense of humor and a quick wit, but he never uses it to hurt people or be sarcastic. He loves to joke around and is so strong in trials because his humor carries him and our family through.

Whenever I am upset with someone or something, he has come up with great and funny things I could do to people or things, of course we would never do them, we just think it is funny to come up with outlandish ideas. That is one of my favorite things about my Dad, I know he can almost always get me laughing.
He gave me a great gift, by making it possible for my Mom to be at home and he has always loved being a father. I am grateful my Dad is in my life and contemplating a life without him would be so difficult because of how much I love him and the type of man he is. He is not perfect, but neither are you or I and that is the beautiful thing about being human! Most of all, I have to say that because of my Dad's love, I have always had a strong relationship with my Heavenly Father. It was always easy to comphrend Heavenly Father's love because in my earthy existence I have a Father who deeply loves me and cherishes me as his daughter. Thanks Dad!

If I had a scanner, I would scan in cute pictures from when I was young that are cute, but I don't have a way to upload the best pictures of my Dad and I so these will have to do!

4 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

That was so precious Miss Em! I love all those stories about your dad and now I kinda feel like I know him! The part where you talk about doing outlandish things to people is hilarious because I've definitely heard some of those ideas from you!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I love what you said about your dad!
He is someone who I've always admire in spirtuality! He's taught me somethings through his example.

Lindsay said...

What a sweet post Em! Your dad is such a great dad! I'm excited to see him and you guys soon for our trip!

Jenn said...

Another fantastic post! Your dad sounds like such a neat guy! I loved reading this post.