Monday, April 28, 2008

Dancing Like a Star (maybe its a little fallen)!

Saturday Morning, we were working on across the floor movements and our teacher showed us a new, somewhat complicated dance move. It consisted of moving quickly across the floor in a pattern where your foot crossed in the front, chassé twice on the side and then do a back step while using your arms and going across the floor. Also it is important to note you have to make sure that when its your turn you are prepared to start when it gets to the count of eight and using the correct foot or you will be completely messed up in the dance.

So it was my turn and after completely getting it wrong the first time across the floor I wanted to do my very best the second time going towards the back of the studio. Right when I got about 89 % percent there, feeling somewhat proud of myself for not looking horrible. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own and in the rush to do it right I toppled over myself and landed hard on the floor.

Lets keep in mind there is a formation of four rows of four dancers in front of me with my instructor at the other end of the studio. I got up, dusted off and kept moving and smiled at my row. My instructor turned of the music and trying to keep the humor in check asked me if I was okay. I replied I was and with a sly smile on my face said , "Just trying to shine!" My friend in the class, Carly laughed and I think she was the only one who heard my line because I said it softly.

Thought you would enjoy my little story and don't worry, the next time you fall on your face you can think of me and say to yourself, "Just trying to shine!"

6 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Oh Em! You really are hilarious. I give you two thumbs up for taking a dance class in the first place! I'm not brave enough to do so because if I did, I would probably have 10 shining moments each time I attended class! If we were all as optimistic as you are, the world would be a much better and happier place.

the ginabean said...

The way I see it, if you're going to embarrass yourself, you might as well do it in a big way. (I say this because that's how I live my life, regardless...sigh. I hate being a klutz!) If you want to know something embarrassing, I have a story for you! But I am pretty sure I don't want to share it here...maybe remind me on facebook? I'll message you or something...

Lindsay said...

What a funny story Em! It sounds like something I would do! Clever response with the shining comment! Funny!

Ashley Perez said...

I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful card! It made my day and I posted about it on Xposure.

Heidi said...

That is too funny! I had no idea you were taking a dance class... im a little jealous. I have always wanted to be a dancer.

Jenn said...

What a cute story, it makes me miss dancing... I use to dance when I was younger.