Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"No Flash Photography Please"

This is the picture that I took before I went to the performance. The picture below is the one at the performance with my program . Now I know what your thinking, "What performance is this that she attended?" Good question! I went to the Alvin Ailey Dance company performance in Orange County! It was very unique and I loved that they used some of the basics that I have learned in my dance class. I was also impressed with the movement, especially between the man and the woman when they danced. The dances all had a storyline and it was wonderful to see the choreography. I loved every minute of it and I walked away with a fresh perspective and a stronger desire to be a dancer. Then I came back down to reality; realizing that I will never get to be a professional dancer in this life, but I am hoping for it in the eternities and so I will keep dreaming! I also would like to be a painter, musician, singer, fashion designer and interior designer. The nice thing is I can paint now, sing to myself and design and create clothing when I have use of my sewing machine. My interior designing will come into effect when I have my own place, until now I am satisfied with my room! I want to develop all the talents I can in this life and hopefully whatever I don't get to do, I can do in the future! Wow, what a tangent. So really all I can say is I enjoyed this performance and highly recommend seeing it if it comes to a city near you!

1 comment:

Ashley Perez said...

3 posts in one...this is heaven Miss Em! I too would love to be a dancer. You and I can do our own performances in heaven and finally be satisfied with this one! Maybe then I won't be so intimidated by everyone watching.