It’s amazing how the simple joys in life, like your favorite shoes, a beautiful sunset, and a group of friends can enrich your life. I will admit a few months ago, I was unhappy to the point it was extremely hard to get out of bed every morning, I felt unfulfilled and limited. I wanted change and I was struggling with how to get out of the funk I was in. Then I went home and felt like myself again and the thought of going back to California to an unfulfilling job, hardly any close friends and a ward that I was tired of seemed a little unbearable. The only thing propelling me back was my extended family who I love dearly. The amazing thing has been that this month I finally have seen change and it started the first week I was back.
On Fast Sunday, someone bore his testimony about Heavenly Father answering all his prayers in a day and how that showed him how much the Lord loved him. After he said that, the thought crossed my mind that my prayers had not been answered for what felt like a long time, so according to his philosophy does that mean that Heavenly Father still loved me?
I had not complained because I figured I was learning from the experiences. But, hearing how all of this guy’s requests were answered within a few hours I began to feel ignored! After I had that fleeting thought, Heavenly Father has done nothing but show me that I am in his radar. That very Sunday, my roommate got coerced into having a game night by friends in the ward and Amy Caldwell came.
We ended up talking and I told her how I want to workout in the morning Monday- Friday, 7 AM at the 24 Hour Fitness by my house, but that it is challenging to get out of bed in the mornings. She said she also wants to workout in the morning and so we decided to start working out together. He answered my prayer, because I had been praying for the motivation to get up in the morning to workout. We have been going strong three weeks straight!
My roommate Caralee and I have been fed up with the “hanging out” philosophy in the singles arena. So, we found some solutions and they are working beautifully. I have developed new friendships and I feel like I am renewed again and more content with my life.
I love Sundays because I get to fulfill my calling and see one of my dear friends. I also love the women in my ward, so many of them have reached out in friendship and support of one another. I love the mornings because I am working out every day and feel like I am accomplishing my goals. I am reading the best books; my book club finally had our first meeting at BJ’s and we are reading Twilight next month.
I think I am just recognizing all of the Lord’s gifts and his hand in my life. I am grateful for the peace the gospel gives and the belief that the Lord has a plan for my life. I hope I have made a difference in someone’s life or else my life will have not availed too much. Thank you for all your comments, friendship and love, I appreciate all that you do and who you are!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Beautiful Days...
Posted by
Emily
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very inspiring Em! Especially the part about waking up at 7 am to workout! I don't know what I will do when I have a 9-5 because I hate waking up early. Good luck with TWR- I know that many will respond very well to it. Even the leaders will definitely take notice. Funny- Jeff and I were having lunch at another ward member's house yesterday and I brought up this very topic. They already knew a little bit about it but they were so disappointed when I went into greater depth. Jeff pointed out that many of the men have standards for women that are way too high. They expect perfection when they themselves are not perfect. P.S. feel free to use my comments- but no names please =). Oh and seeing as how I didn't say anything too amazing in my blog, I'm open to writing something different and a bit more poignant. Good luck with everything! I am glad to hear you are happier these days. As the song says "you've got a friend in me". Ha ha- I love Toy Story.
I'm glad you're feeling better Em! Those blue funks are the worst! But your experience reaffirms that there's a silver lining to every dark cloud.
Way to be pro-active, deary! That's usually the way the Lord answers my prayers: I have to figure out a way to help myself, and once I get started, the Lord fills in the (sometimes major) holes. I've actually been in a bit of a funk myself lately...I've been unable to find the core of the problem, but I've definitely felt the Lord's love for me. It's hard for me to go through even the worst day without recognizing God's hand. -I'm proud of you for making those steps, even when it's sometimes scary! You rock!
Thanks for letting me know about the Gilmore dvds! I went all the way to Target, forgetting that I was missing seasons 5 AND 7, and when I got there I forgot which season in between I needed! I needed to go anyway- but I suppose that is another reason to go to target...again =). Darn. Thanks again for thinking of me and my "needs"- ha ha. Love ya.
I'm glad you are doing good Em. I love that we still keep in touch! You're a great friend! =)
EM! You have been tagged; check out my blog (A-z, it's all about me). You're it!
Post a Comment