Conference Weekend
When I got there Tara and I ended up staying up till 4 AM and we had a great time catching up on our news. The next day we drove to Logan, UT and watched conference at her grandparent’s house. We played Pit and Rook that night and had a great home cooked meal. The next day we watched General Conference and then Diana (Tara’s Mom) and I went on a walk and Tara later joined us. Logan was beautiful and the walk perfect! Tara has the best family; they are the best people!
I love this picture, it reminds me of a scene out of a movie. This is Tara's Mom, Diana! She is so much fun to hangout with!
This is Virgina, Tara's Grandmother and I just love her, she is such a lovely person!
I got to see where Tara goes to school at the University of Utah and it made me wish I was back in school! She is so focused on studying and I am so proud of her. Heidi, my other close friend picked me up and we spent the day together going to the Beehive House, Dessert Book, spend time at her apartment. We picked up Eric her husband and then the three of us went to Red Robin for dinner and then to the movies and saw Ratatouille and it was really cute. Then it was off to Iceberg for ice cream (I got the grasshopper)!
Tuesday
Tara and I went to the Lion House for lunch and had Salmon. It was delicious especially the rolls and honey butter! We then proceeded to go to Temple Square and watch all the young brides with their husbands. It was really sweet. Then I went and did a temple endowment while Tara studied. Then drove down to Provo and went to the Hale Center Theatre in Orem and watched, “Thoroughly Modern Mille.” It was amazing and I was mesmerized by the music, story plot and the acting. I want to jump in and act too! We then went to Jenny and Elijah’s house and went to bed at 2 AM.
My friend Jessica from Knoxville, TN and I walked to Brigham Young University and we people watched. We went to the bookstore, the best place for lunch on campus and had salads. Then they were having a service project and so we joined in and I found out information on their graduate studies program and I decided to check into the marriage, family and human development graduate program. Then I spent the rest of the day helping Jenny with her daughter Emily. I had fun babysitting, she loves the scriptures so I was flipping through the Book of Mormon for families and I pointed to a picture of Jesus and she got excited and said his name and then took my hand and put her baby finger in the center of my palm and kept saying his name. It was such a sweet moment. Then Elijah that night gave all of us blessings. It was a great day!
Thursday
I spend time with my cousin Jen and we caught up on news and then watched Persuasion and I love that movie!!! Jane Austin is the best; she knows how to write a good romance. My cousins Alex and Ty are so tall and I feel so short! Jen also made the best pumpkin shakes! Tara came back from SLC and we went out to Thai Ruby and then we went to Smart Cookie (You will have to go there because it is the best deal and my favorite dessert!)
Friday
I turned 25! Tara and I saved the best for last and we went to CafĂ© Rio to celebrate. They sang to me and we split a salad. Then we went to Shopko and the Orem Mall. I bought way too much (We were there for five hours). We stopped by Smart Cookie to get dessert and then headed back to the house. We watched TLC’s, “What Not to Wear” and then watched an Alex rider Series Movie. It was a nice day and thank you to all those who remembered! The picture is one of my great purchases!
Saturday
We went to Jamba Juice and then drove to the Logan Mall so Tara could continue to shop and this time I was finished within 30 minutes. We spent another five hours and during that five hours, Rishanne, Tara’s sister and I convinced Tara to get her ears pierced! That was the highlight. On the way back to SLC we got homemade bread from Harvest bakery and then talked with her Dad. He mentioned the movie, Gattica and so we went and picked it up, but ended up watching For Richer or Poorer.
Sunday
We could not find the Singles ward and so went to a random family ward in Bountiful. It was an amazing ward. They were so friendly and welcoming and I even got to hold the cutest little baby in Relief Society. Tara and I later watched Gattica.
That completes my trip, I have a fun story from my plane ride back, but I have already put in too many details! As you can tell, I went to all my favorite restaurants and spent time with my close friends and it was so much fun! I want to move to Utah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment