When I came home from vacation, I felt like I did not have much to come home too. I have not been very happy with my job or my living situation and I read some disappointing news before I left Florida on Monday. So needless to say, the thought of coming back was a little difficult for me. On the plane ride home, I meet this couple who had been married for 40 years and they helped me to laugh at my disappointing news and mentioned that everything I want to change can happen.
The week progressed and I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me to change my situation. On Saturday, I went to this young adult conference my ward was having. I would not say I was thrilled to be there for multiple reasons, but I went anyway.
In the evening, I introduced myself to this new girl in the ward, her name is Sara Foster. We started talking and she mentioned that she needed a friend! I preceded to tell her I did too! She also loves to do accent voices and so for the rest of the night we were doing British and Southern accents. Caroline Clark, my Relief Society President also spent time with us and the three of us were so silly and having fun. I felt like both Caroline and Sara are answers to my prayers(Sara and I also found out we are visiting teaching companions).
Caroline and Sara asked me to have dinner with them after church on Sunday (they are roommates). We formed a small book club and dinner club with just five other friends who are also done with school. These changes has really lifted my mood and I just had to thank my Heavenly Father for his act of goodness to me. For any of you out there feeling similar, please pray because God does work miracles!
The apartment I wanted to get fell through and so for now I am still in my same ward and house. To compensate for the disappointment, I am buying my roommate McKinley's dresser and nightstand (she is moving to Utah)and so my room will get even cuter. I will post pictures as I redecorate! I am sad she is moving because she is such a great person.
Monday, September 24, 2007
An answer to prayer...
Posted by
Emily
at
12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Em,
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Just remember that when one door closes, another opens that is SO MUCH BETTER!
Hang in there with work too! Only two and a half months til Christmas in Tennessee!
Oh, and I really like your new blog background!
Hi Em! Since we won't be neighbors, I guess that means I am going to have to come over more often then! I know I am preaching to the choir, but just remember that sometimes we are stuck in situations for a reason...that means that something good is coming your way =). We'll have to chat soon.
I hate it when everything seems to be crashing down around you all at once; it seems like when it rains it pours! I'm glad that you've had your prayers answered though...good friends are exactly what has gotten me through the roughest times of my life; it's how Heavenly Father watches out for us! I'm glad things are looking up a bit!
Post a Comment