I like the pearls at the top of this dress above, I am not so good with sleeves yet so forgive the immodesty of some of the dresses! I am always experimenting. I drew this for Terri's sister who was sitting next to me! She was sweet, she told me she loved it!
This dress also gets jewelry and shoes, the luckily woman who gets to wear this lovely outfit!
Home sweet home! I love all the trees, all the green trees and plants reminds me of Tennessee! When I see that lamppost I think of, "Singing In The Rain" movie. I keep waiting for it to rain so I can break into song and then I am reminded I live in California, the land of no rain, only sun.
You can't see the cute braids in my hair, but they were a big hit with my friends at church!
A Lot about Nothing...Except for my raise!!
So, I have been slacking a little, I discovered Facebook and have become really into it! I have found so many wonderful friends from the time I was 11! I love it. What else have I been up to? I booked a ticket to Utah in October and I will be there for General Conference, my birthday and have planned a lot of fun things to do with Tara and some other friends and family! We are going to have a blast. I am going on my cruise with my family next month and I am really looking forward to seeing them. I miss my family like crazy.
I have been back to the bookstore this past week checking out more books, this time with a friend. We were sitting on the floor and were asked not to congregate near the shelves so we moved. Nothing like last time! I also went to a movie in the park for enrichment. I basically only saw a portion of it, the movie was called, "The Hedge." I had gone out to visit the less active in church with some girls from my ward which caused me to be late.
On Friday, I was exhausted and slept from 6:30 pm till 9 AM the next morning. I did get up at 1:00 AM and got officially ready for bed! I think my sleep finally caught up with me after partying for so many nights in the past couple of months!!
Saturday, I had the luxury of hanging out by myself and so I took advantage of this time and sampled Costco's cuisine, got my car checked for smog, read an exciting mystery novel- Iced by Carol Higgins Clark, Cleaned my room, did laundry, went shopping at Circuit City and figured out how to set up my new antenna, also chatted with roommates late at night and watched Monster-in-law. That is one movie that makes every girl pray for a great mother-in-law.
Sunday, after my meetings and my home teacher's visit (Yes, he is completely dedicated and came before the 31st!), I went to a musical fireside with my friend Terri Snow. She is really cool, but is going back to Utah in one week like everyone else I know! While I was attending this fireside I drew these beautiful dresses! Then my roommate (who looks like Cinderella) McKinley and I spent quite a few hours discussing our lives and then went to bed way to late.
The best news is I got my annual review and I was put in the second highest category- Often exceeds expectations, which is really good and got a 5 percent increase!!! On a sour note someone at work must hate me! We have to fill out these surveys for our coworkers to aid in our annual review (only worth 5 percent of our review) and five people loved me and one person definitely was on a hating spree! I don't really care about it because I have enough people who like me to make up for the one Emily hater, I think I know who she is and frankly she is kind of a sour person to be around! Such is life!
2 comments:
Congratulations on your raise Em! That's so exciting! And you made me laugh with what you did over the weekend. You got your car checked for smog? What does that entail? I've never done that. And I love Costco samples! We'll have to make a Costco run when you come down here next month! Luv ya!
Hi Lindsay,
It entails sitting nervously while they check various components of your engine, tires, emission to see if it passes CA state law. I was suppossed to get this done before the 8th of August! I kept putting it off, for fear they would tell me I did not pass and have to pay to get it fixed! My car passed with flying colors, hugh relief!
I agree, we should make a Costco run, that would be fun! The best part was talking with all the little old ladies, some are just so sweet and I love the berry smoothie that they have and only $1.35 a drink!
Post a Comment