So our grand plan to go bowling, turned into a night at Boomers instead (which I am happy about!). The wait was an hour at the alley and so we opted for plan B. Matt, Joe, Jacob, Jen, Tara and I and Jen's friend all were able to get into this fun place called Boomers. Joe's brother works there and gave us wristbands. We rode on the go-carts first which was really fun.
The guys whizzed past Tara and I and then proceeded to rub it in that they knew how to drive the karts better. In my opinion it has everything to do with the vehicle you got. I was flooring mine the entire time!
Then Tara and I split from the group and we went on the Ferris Wheel (picture included), which was really fun, we were the only ones that wanted to ride on it. You can see the 405 freeway while riding it.
Our next stop was the bumper boats. When we first arrived there were nobody but us waiting in line and so we were excited that we were going to have the whole place to ourselves. Right when the attendant is pulling other people in, ten kids come running up and try to but in line. We all got into our boats and then the kids drenched us in water! But, before you feel to bad for us, we did get our revenge on them and made sure they were equally soaked. My shirt was still drying as we left Boomers as you can tell.
Then we joined the rest of the group in the arcade area. I do not go to these places very often and they had a lot of new kinds of video games. I played one where I was a cop and got to go on these raids. It turns out I have great aim, I was promoted to Sergeant! There was one game I highly disliked; it was focused on demolishing your contender in an Asian boxing ring. I won twice, but had to beat the person up on the game really bad. I think next time I am going to stick to the car video games, they are less violent!
At closing time we left, after Jacob took pictures of Tara and I and then the three of us went to Ralph’s, and picked out chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and went home and devoured it. (It’s a good thing I am really sore from my challenging leg workout at the gym yesterday, it might excuse the ice cream tonight!)
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Night at Boomers
Posted by
Emily
at
12:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girly! Looks like your life is as much fun as mine! -I'm so glad you decided to join the wonderful world of blogging. :) Question: How the devil did you get music on your blog? I'd like to do that on mine, but I'm slightly tech-tarded. For real. :) Fill me in, schookums. Thx!
Post a Comment